Official website of Victor Vasarely
Made in my Intermediate 2D Art Class.
The assignment was to do our own spinoff of a Victor Vasarely print. Most people in my class just did one circle in the middle with different colors, but I chose the hard one.
This took about a month to finish. I think I started in early March 2007, but I was too stupid to write a date down.
Note: Paint makes paper curl, thus the actual painting curves a bit on the paper so this photo isn't really flat
1) Sketch an idea
2) Make a 13x13-inch grid, marking every half-inch
3) Sketch the big circles with a compass
4) Manually draw in the squares on the circle that increase in size
5) Draw a circle in every little square
6) Paint for the rest of your life
7) Cut out painting
8) Mount on black construction paper
Pencil w/ eraser
White Construction paper
Something to mix paint in
Black construction paper
Glue for mounting
Kodak Easyshare Camera
Photoshop for cropping, image size adjustment, and minor color enhancement
Time and patience
Image and Layout © Ken
Original idea and Inspiration © Victor Vasarely
Title © Susan Warner